Salvation involves a whole change in one's life and behavior. We are all in need of salvation because we are all faulty in living life as God design. Scripture tells us there is a need for change because we mess up. This is called sin, which is missing the point of what God intends for us. Consider these Scripture passages:
- "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23)
- "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23)
Our sin is what separates us from a Holy God. Sin has a penalty “ death. Thus, without God we are in a no-win situation. We cannot get close to Him because of our sin and we are condemned because of our sin. Even though we are sinful God still loves us and wants to make the way possible for us to know Him and relate with Him. Because of His great love for us, God sent Jesus so we could have eternal life. God sent Jesus to die upon the cross to pay the penalty for our sin. The shedding of His blood makes atonement for our sin so that we can be forgiven and receive everlasting life.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)
- "But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)
It is through Jesus that God offers us forgiveness of our sin and the gift of eternal life. In this offering of forgiveness, God invites you to be a part of His family forever. In fact, God wants us to be adopted into the family as His children. We know this to be the case because of the following passage:
- "Yet to all who received Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God “ children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God. (John 1:12-13)
If you recognize the need to allow God to make this change in your life, to receive His forgiveness of your sin and the gift of eternal life, the first step is to recognize your need for this forgiveness and be willing to turn from sin. This is called repentance. It is making a 180-degree turn in your life, no longer walking away from God but turning around and walking toward Him. This has always been the case from the very early church . . .
- "Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, (Acts 3:19)
You can receive a new life by placing your trust in Jesus. He is the only way to have eternal life. You can become a follower of Jesus by turning from your sin and trusting Him alone as your Lord and Savior.
- "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:6)
You can begin a new life with Jesus right now by praying and accepting His forgiveness and receiving the new life He offers. Here is an example of a prayer to receive new life with Jesus right now:
"Dear Jesus, I want to follow You. I am willing to turn from my sin and place my trust in You alone right now. I believe that You died on the cross for my sin and I ask for Your forgiveness. I trust Your promise of the free gift of eternal life and welcome You to come and take control of my life. Thank You for loving me and dying for me. Thank You for giving me new life. Help me to live each day from now on for You.
If you have made this decision to follow Jesus and allow Him to make a drastic change in your life, please let us know. E-mail or calls us to tell us about this so we can encourage and help you in this.